In August I posted an article about 5 iPhone Apps to Help You Spiritually. Since then I have continued to use several of these, but some news ones have arrived since then. So this is an updated list of apps that I use to help me spiritually. If you have an iPhone, I hope they will be of help to you as well.
1. ESV Bible – this is by far the one I use most. It is like having a full Bible at your disposal at all times. I am reading through the Bible using this tool. When I finish a reading, I simply close the app. When I reopen it, I am the location that I left off reading. You can also take notes and it has a highlight feature. Not to mention that the ESV is my translation of choice. If you get no other app, you should get this one.
2. Logos (Bible Software) – this app also has Bible reading options, but includes so much more. There are Bible reading guides, and other Bible study resources.
3. Olive Tree (Bible Reader) – again more Bible options plus some commentaries. I enjoy the Martin Luther resources available here.
4. Grace to You – A huge amount of resources from the preaching/teaching ministry of John MacArthur. Includes both audio, video and written materials.
5. Mars Hill Church – audio and video sermons from Mark Driscoll. This app even includes some music from Mars Hill musicians.
6. Saddleback Church – audio and video sermons from Rick Warren plus many other features.
7. St. Augustine – has 3 of Augustine’s classic works, Christian Doctrine, Confessions, and City of God.
All 7 of these apps are free. Let me know which ones you are using that I may have missed. Also let me know if you have discovered the ones that I have mentioned.