Formerly, I was a local church pastor for about 15 years. After a sinful fall, God has graciously brought me back to himself and to the church. I have the wonderful privilege of gathering with God’s people at First Boynton Church in Boynton Beach, Florida. In this church I regularly serve as a Bible teacher, writer, and occasionally as a Bible preacher.
Hopefully this blog will serve to minister to people like me – prodigals who need to find their way back home.
I am married, a father of four and a grandfather of four.
Churches in which I have served in leadership capacities:
- Assistant Pastor – Kitzingen-Wurzburg Baptist Church (Germany)
- Pastor – First Baptist Church, Red Rock (Oklahoma)
- Pastor – Greenfield Baptist Church (Greenfield, Arkansas)
- Pastor – West Rock Baptist Church (Little Rock, Arkansas)
- Pastor – Trinity Baptist Church (Louisville, Kentucky)
I have been a guest preacher in Oklahoma, Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, South Dakota, Texas, Indiana, Florida and Kentucky.
I have also preached and taught outside of the U.S. in Germany, Switzerland, Guatemala and Russia.
My formal education took place at the following schools:
- Oklahoma Baptist University (Shawnee, Oklahoma)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Religion and History
- Mid-America Baptist Theology Seminary (Memphis, Tennessee)
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Louisville, Kentucky)
- PhD studies in Church History
For a more detailed autobiography: