Here are his reasons:
- Parishioners to be move aggressively into the Modern Age which includes keeping up to date with the language.
- This is how Jesus would have talked.
- This is how the church is to stay connected with ordinary people.
Land provided an example from his life in which he dropped an f-bomb on a motorist for cutting him off while driving.
Here are a few of my observations after reading the article:
- Is “putting Jesus on a pedestal” really a problem for Christians?
- I’m not a prude, but do we really need sermons telling us to cuss?
- Do they really refer to priestly collars as “dog-collars” in England?
- I hope this guy doesn’t rewrite some of the hymns.
- This puts a whole new spin on WWJD. That is, if this is what Jesus would do. I really can’t see Jesus speaking to another motorist this way.
- Should Christians be just like the world in order to relate to the those in the world?
- If a preacher is to be known for 1 sermon, is this really the sermon a preacher would want?