As a high school quarterback, I ran an option play near the end of a game. 32 yards later I crossed the goal line for the winning score. The local newspaper ran this headline the next day, Gantz TD Jaunt Lifts Chiefs. My teammates made fun of me for days. I heard all kinds of jaunting jokes.
One dictionary provides this definition of the word: a short excursion or journey for pleasure. So in the spirit of a bygone day of glory, I am beginning a new blog feature called Gantz Jaunt. This feature will be short excursions or journeys for pleasure. I will enjoy them. I hope you will, too. Perhaps somebody can create a nice image or logo for me to use with these posts. If you are the creative sort, send me your best stab at it.
* It is a great time of year for sports fans. Baseball pennant races are winding down and football season is kicking off. I am hoping that the Texas Rangers finish strongly in baseball. I am excited that the Oklahoma Sooners begin the season ranked #1 in the country.
* Suzie and I tried to relax and watch a movie together the other night. I am so disappointed in the quality of movies these days. I’m not even talking about sex and violence in the movies. There are just some really bad movies out there. I am hoping to see The Help and The Debt. These two movies might restore value in my mind.
* Now that the boxes are unpacked and most things are in place in our new home, I am looking forward to getting back on a good reading schedule. So many good books. So little time.
* Living miles and miles away from my biological family members can be difficult at times. I am grateful for the technology that allows for us to talk on the phone, chat on-line, see pictures and (the best) do video chats on line.
* This is a picture of my new work area. I have a sleek desk with a great view.