At First Baptist Church in West Palm Beach, our pastor has been teaching a series on Sunday mornings called, “God-onomics.”
Dr. Jimmy Scroggins has provided this outline. The first point is the theme of the entire series.
- God is the Owner. We are the Managers.
- God wants us to be Generous with His resources.
- Out of control Debt is an obstacle.
- Out of control Discontentment is an obstacle.
- We must Plan to be Generous with God’s resources.
- Live on the rest.
- Generous Giving has Generous Results
Avoid two extremes: 1) Poverty Theology and 2) Prosperity Theology
- It’s not about your money, it’s about your heart.
- God gives financial grace to meet the needs of generous givers.
- God provides so that generous givers can give even more.
- Generous giving meets real needs.
- Generous giving encourages other believers to give.
- Generous giving points people to God’s grace.